Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Random Things I Hear While Eavesdropping On My Kids

Monday, January 17, 2011 (The kids had the day off school in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

I heard laughing and the word "fart" coming from the bedroom, so I decided to sneak into the hall and see what was going on...

Chloe: "Smell my butt, brother!"
Trevor: "No, Chloe!"
Chloe: "SMELL IT!!!"
Trevor: "I'm beating (random team on his Madden 11 Xbox game) and you're getting in my way. MOVE!"
(I decided to peek into the room)
Chloe: (she's in the downward facing dog yoga pose with her behind in her brother's face) [fart] "Smell my butt!"

(I enter the room)

Me: "Chloe, what on earth are you doing?! That is NOT lady like!"
Chloe then put on her soap opera crying act, which usually works on her daddy, then stormed out of the room. She spent the next thirty minutes in her room, thinking about her actions.

I highly doubt this is what Dr. King had in mind when he delivered his inspiring "I Have A Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial.

1 comment:

  1. The good news is, she just prepared Trevor for dorm life in college.

    ReplyDelete